Champions League permutations: who is through, who can join them?
Six teams are through: who can join them with a game to spare? UEFA.com explains the permutations.
Through to round of 16
Barcelona*, Bayern München*, Juventus*, Leipzig, Manchester City*, Paris Saint-Germain*, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur
Cannot finish in top two
Benfica, Club Brugge, Crvena zvezda, Galatasaray, Genk*, Lokomotiv Moskva*, LOSC Lille*, Olympiacos, Slavia Praha*
*Cannot finish third
All information in this article is subject to final confirmation from UEFA. These examples may not cover all potential situations
Full permutations to follow
Group E: Salzburg (7pts) v Liverpool (10), Napoli (9) v Genk (1)
Group F: Internazionale Milano (7) v Barcelona (11), Borussia Dortmund (7) v Slavia Praha (2)
- Barcelona are through as group winners.
- Slavia will finish fourth.
Group G: Lyon (7) v RB Leipzig (10), Benfica (4) v Zenit (7)
- Leipzig are through.
- Benfica are unable to finish in the top two.
Group H: Ajax (10) v Valencia (8), Chelsea (8) v LOSC Lille (1)
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain (13) v Galatasaray (2), Club Brugge (3) v Real Madrid (8)
- Paris are through as group winners.
- Madrid are through.
- Club Brugge cannot finish in the top two. They will finish third if they beat Madrid, or if Galatasaray fail to beat Paris.
- Galatasaray cannot finish in the top two. They will be confirmed in fourth place if they lose to Paris.
Group B: Bayern München (15) v Tottenham Hotspur (10), Olympiacos (1) v Crvena zvezda (3)
- Bayern are through as group winners.
- Tottenham are through.
- Crvena zvezda are unable to finish in the top two. They will finish in third if they avoid defeat at Olympiacos.
- Olympiacos are unable to finish in the top two. They will finish in third if they beat Crvena zvezda.
Group C: GNK Dinamo (5) v Manchester City (11), Shakhtar Donetsk (6) v Atalanta (4)
- Man. City are through as group winners.
- Shakhtar will go through if they beat Atalanta, or if they draw and Dinamo fail to win.
- Dinamo will go through if they beat City and Shakhtar do not beat Atalanta.
- Atalanta will go through if they beat Shakhtar and Dinamo do not beat City.
Group D: Bayer Leverkusen (6) v Juventus (13), Atlético Madrid (7) v Lokomotiv Moskva (3)
- Juventus are through as group winners.
- Atlético will go through if they beat Lokomotiv or if Leverkusen fail to beat Juventus.
- Leverkusen will go through if they beat Juventus and Atlético do not beat Lokomotiv.
- Lokomotiv will finish fourth.
Standings are provisional until all matches have been played.